Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Man and the King

I wrote this piece almost two years ago. This was our status quo that we CHANGED!

A Messenger told a man to go see the king, for he had important questions. It was the 4th of May 2009.

King: Introduce yourself.

Man: I am but your servant, me Lord.

King: I am giving you the chance to introduce yourself as a human being.

Man: You never taught me how, me Lord.

King: Then tell me what you think of me. This is a one-time chance. It will not be repeated to either you or anybody else.

Man: You are my Lord.

King: That is a fact, not an opinion.

Man: My Lord, if I speak freely, will I leave this palace and head home in a safe manner.

King: You have my word.

Man: May I speak frankly, me Lord.

King: You may.

Man: You have always done as you pleased, without taking my well-being into consideration. My opinion means nothing to you. You sit up there, while I crawl down here, accepting your decisions, even when not agreeing to them and suffering their consequences. I dared once to speak up, and as I did, I fell as fast as I had risen. How do you expect me then to introduce myself as a human being or even shape an opinion about anything? And why does my opinion matter to you now, after about 30 years of dictatorship and my blind following.

King: Your opinion does not matter to me.

Man: Then why do you ask of me such things, me Lord?

King: Because I am planning to remove the slightest ray of hope in my massive population. No change will occur as long as my authority has the upper hand.

Man: But me Lord, if I may say something.

King: Speak frankly and honestly. You have my word.

Man: You already removed every ray of hope.

King: If that’s so, then why are you still speaking?

Man: You told me to be honest, and I obeyed you as I always did. You promised me I’d leave unharmed.

King: I lied.

Man: The same way you always do. Happy birthday, me Lord.

The man never returned home. 13 years later a new king found a corpse in the basement of the palace in a room entitled "Chamber of people who hoped for a change". The corpse had been brutally murdered and thrown into the chamber on the 4th of May 2009, the police claimed. Yes, that’s our kingdom

1 comment: