Saturday, December 24, 2011

Faint Midnight Ramblings

What is a poet without words?
What is a light without rays?
What is the truth without proof?
What is a candle without flame?
What is a river without water?
What is a flag without nation?
A failure of purpose. A rotten myth.
And that is what my senses tell me when I am distant.
Where is thou truth? Be true to yourself.
For words can do a lot, but not solely turn into actions and reality.
For waves can carry you far, but not necessarily to the shore.
For light can mean guidance, and sometimes even doom.
For life awakens in the springtime, gaining energy to survive throughout the year.
For life can be life, and death can be death, but your perception of both is what makes them true.
For you can be me and I can be you.

No comments:

Post a Comment